Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The reasons for blogging... and a metaphor

The last time I blogged, the act had been inspired by an acquaintance who had put up her blogger name as her status message on Gtalk. How times have changed.. how the mighty have fallen! This time it is a rather subdued and desolate graduate student on the keyboard. Gone is the usual guy,- I am looking for him around. Seems to have given me the slip! For those starry-eyed people who think research is a bed of roses, this is a reminder.. research, like most of life, screws you bad a good deal of the time,- and royally a few times. I have a voice singing somewhere in my head:
"I beg your pardon
I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine
There's gonna be a little rain sometime."
This is supposed to be a love song. And appropriate it is too... for my relation with research is and has been a sort of passionate love affair which inevitably has moments of bloodshed. And as I bleed here today, I look around for that little band aid which would start the process of healing. What could it be? Where could it be? May be right here!

Now you are looking for the metaphor.. well.. you don't get one!! :D
Well begun is half done, they say.. so forgive the ending and the missing metaphor! :D

No comments: